Thursday, October 1, 2009

How I spent my summer vacation


Since I am self employed, and the powers that be have decided to punish the ambitious, I was able to spend most of the summer "on vacation" with my family down at the Jersey shore. Each morning at 6:00AM I'd ride Island Beach State Park. 8.3 miles in and 8.3 miles out. I'd try to maintain a 19 - 21 mph average. I considered this an intense workout for my 52 year old former smoker's body. I loved it. Then at 9:00AM I'd go back into the park with my 14 year old son and my 22 year old daughter and do another in and out with them. I loved it even more. We three approached this type of riding with fitness, performance and spandex as our priorities... It strengthened our bonds and gave us a sense of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog